Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Death of a Supercharged Teg

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    He will be dearly missed frown I took the blower off yesterday with my friend. Took about 5 hours to take off the blower and put the stock manifold back on. It was pretty much straight forward. Now I enjoy the long lost sound of the intake runners smile Okay sure I miss all the power and the whine my car used to make but soon, very soon... that power and much more will be reserected smile It was a whole lotta fun while it lasted though.

    ------------------
    1992 Red Honda Civic CX Hatch Back...soon to be hybrid and boosted
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Integra GS-R
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi.. blah.. blah .. blah..
    best 1320: 13.783 @101.43 on drag radials

  2. #2
    Inactive Member boost killz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2000
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Sorry to hear and glad you aren't gedding rid of the car because of it.. Just curious as to how you blew the engine? To much ragging?

    ------------------
    Girls love candy

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Umm, unless I'm misunderstanding something here the motor's not blown, the blower's just getting swapped into another car.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Ill dig that pulley up and send it out tomorrow!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member boost killz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2000
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RJ you're right...I read again after the alcohol wore off ..made a bit more sense to me. confused

    ------------------
    Girls love candy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey gsrev, I was planning to meet up with you after my final wave of tests are over...I have TWO weeks left. I guess I won't be able to see your supercharged baby
    frown What vehicle are you planning to implant that JRSC into? smile
    BTW, are you planning to go to that Import Autoshow this Dec. 16th?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GSRDPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hey Alex,

    How about a rematch of our little race down the I-45 feeder a while back!!! wink biggrin

  8. #8
    MouhadIb
    Guest MouhadIb's Avatar

    Hey Alex,

    Glad to hear that you are not selling your ride. Although I never did get a chance to race you with my blower also since I never got around to Houston. Oh well! rolleyes

    Nevertheless, drop me a line when you get your new little toy!

    ------------------
    It take a Nation of Millions to hold Us Back!!!

    escuani
    C-SpeedRacing

    [This message has been edited by MouhadIb (edited November 27, 2000).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hehehe! I am getting my new b18c1 delivered the 2nd week of december. My s/c had to come off sometime so mine as well do it now while I had time. So now after 40K s/c'd miles my engine is stock again. Still runs like a charm. I still need to take off the suspension. I have the ground control and agx's that will also be going into my new toy. I am going to go all out on it. My new toy is a 92 civic cx that I purchased in august. My set up for now:

    JE pistons 9.5:1
    endyn eagle rods
    total seal rings
    jrsc with 8psi pulley
    (contemplating a little NOS)

    major weight reduction on the stock 2094lbs civic will include several things: no heater, a/c, total interior will be taken out including door panels, side pannels, seats, dash board, etc.. I will be using some very thin aluminum metal to dress things up a little and put my gauges in. My goal is to have the car weigh in at about 1700 lbs. My goal is to be hitting low 12's

    Later on after I get out of the financial hole. I will be upgrading to larger injectors, engine management, and a stepper pulley from endyn.

    Then sometime a bit later sell the s/c'r and go turbo. But for now I will work with what I have. I have been very fortunate that the guys at charlie thomas acura have been very supportive and very helpful in many ways, including my chic

    ------------------
    1992 Red Honda Civic CX Hatch Back...soon to be hybrid and boosted
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Integra GS-R
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi.. blah.. blah .. blah..
    best 1320: 13.783 @101.43 on drag radials

  10. #10
    MouhadIb
    Guest MouhadIb's Avatar

    Thumbs up

    DAYAM so you ARE trading her in??!?!!!! Oh no! Well if the chick loves the car and she's got the upper hand on the situation then that's how it's gotta be. Well @ least you are getting an Acura.

    ------------------
    It take a Nation of Millions to hold Us Back!!!

    escuani
    C-SpeedRacing

    [This message has been edited by MouhadIb (edited November 27, 2000).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •